Safe Spaces are available at 750 Well pharmacies across the UK.
The COVID-19 pandemic had terrible implications on the level of domestic abuse seen across the UK.
Figures from the charity Hestia showed a near 40% increase in people trying to access specialist support during the first lockdown, with three thousand victims seeking help between April and September 2020. Domestic abuse includes psychological, physical and financial abuse, all of which can have devastating consequences for the victim.
What are Safe Spaces?
Run by Hestia, the Safe Spaces scheme aims to increase the support available to victims of domestic abuse across the UK by providing dedicated space for people to seek help. The idea is to provide a quiet, confidential space where people can access information on support for domestic abuse. Whether they’re looking to phone a helpline, contact a support service, or talk to a friend or family member, we offer that space.
How can I access a Safe Space?
To access a Safe Space, visit one of our 750 pharmacies offering the service and ask one of our colleagues about using the Safe Space. They’ll show you to the consultation room, where you’ll have access to specialist domestic abuse support information including:
- 24-hour national domestic abuse helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Men’s advice line: 0808 801 032
- Scotland - Domestic Abuse & Forced Marriage Helpline (freephone 24/7): 0800 027 123
- Wales - Live Fear Free Helpline (freephone 24/7): 0808 801 0800
- Northern Ireland - Domestic & Sexual Abuse: 0808 802 1414
- Information about the free mobile app Bright Sky, which provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.