This medicine is sold under the discretion of a Well Pharmacist.
You will be required to answer a few short questions to ensure this medicine is suitable for you.
Wegovy (semaglutide) is a weight loss medicine that works by making you feel fuller for longer.
When used alongside a healthy diet, the medicine can help you to curb your cravings and reach your weight loss goals.
Wegovy is only available to adults who have:
- a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or above
- a BMI of 27 with like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure or sleep apnoea.
Before taking Wegovy, you should discuss the benefits, limitations and side effects of the medicine with your doctor.
Our pharmacists will do a quick clinical assessment before you start taking Wegovy to make sure it’s right for you.
How to use
Taking Wegovy couldn’t be simpler.
It relies on an at-home injection that you can take yourself. Wegovy only needs to be taken once a week.
You'll need to continue with a diet and exercise plan while taking Wegovy. Our pharmacists can give you help and advice on maintaining this.
Wegovy is only suitable for adults with a BMI of 30 or above, or with a BMI of 27 and a weight-related health condition. Do not take Wegovy if you:
- are allergic to semaglutide or any other ingredients in this medicine
- you or any of your family have ever had a type of thyroid cancer called medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC)
- you have a condition called Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2)
- are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Talk to your pharmacist or doctor before taking Wegovy if you:
- have an inflamed pancreas
- have diabetes
- have low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia)
- have diabetic eye disease.
1 injection pen: 0.25mg semaglutide.
See patient information leaflet for further information